In A Vase On Monday: Sweet Peas

It is a long time since I have joined in with Cathy from Rambling in the Garden’s lovely In A Vase On Monday meme thanks to work and general business, but I was inspired to post this week by my simple bouquet of sweet peas.

I was out in the front garden this morning tying up these beauties and made sure to cut all the blooms to keep them flowering, even though I was enjoying their loveliness outdoors.

My little bouquet is now sitting on our dining room mantelpiece beside a postcard of ‘Bathers’ by Vanessa Bell. Today it feels like summer although there are storms predicted for tomorrow.

This afternoon I am lucky enough to be going along to Monk’s House, the Sussex home of Bell’s sister Virginia Woolf, where together with the head gardener from Charleston where I volunteer and other volunteers, we will be looking round and helping in the garden.

1. Amanda says:

What a beautiful bunch of sweet peas! Mine are yet to bloom, but maybe being on Scotland’s east coast is holding them back a bit! I am very envious of you being able to work in the garden at Charleston! One of my favourite places to have visited. I remember going to see the house and garden just after it opened, around 1986. Never forgotten that first visit! Glorious place! Have a good afternoon at Monk’s House! Amanda

2. Noelle says:

The sweet peas are lovely, particularly the pink one with the splashes of fuchsia pink to the fore

3. Cathy says:

Yes, the spotty dotty one is especially pretty – but a vase of sweet peas is always a winner. What an exciting afternoon out you will have had by now – hope to hear something of it

4. Kris P says:

Your sweet peas certainly deserve showing off. Your plans for the day sound lovely too.

How nice that they are still blooming in June.(!)

1. They only just started!

Wild! Although, our naturalized perennial pea is blooming nicely now. It is a completely different animal.

6. Chloris says:

Lovely sweet peas, you can’t beat them. I went to Monk’s House a few years ago, the garden is lovely.